Styling your Terminal
Type in terminal
curl -L https://github.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh/raw/master/tools/install.sh | sh
Restart the terminal
Now create a dir
mkdir test cd test git init cd .. ls cd test // it will give the git repo git add . //ever there is no file to add, just for example // it will give all the option list git commit -(click tab to show all the options)
To use: Set ZSH_THEME in ~/.zshrc to blinks, and set up Solarized.
vim ~/.zshrc ZSH_THEME="blinks"
Clone github or Download ZIP and open it in Finder and click Solarized Dark xterm-256color.terminal.
osx-terminal.app-colors-solarized > xterm-256color > Solarized Dark xterm-256color.terminal
Go to terminal preferences > settings > Solarized Dark change font size 13
Then change back ZSHTHEME="blinks" to ZSHTHEME="robbyrussell"
Go to the terminal preferences setting to make Solarized Dark the default setting.
In order to use transparency in full scree, you need to use iTerm. oh-my-zsh is already installed in iTerm. Go to the downloaded solarized
solarized / iterm2-colors-solarized / and click Solarized Dark.itermcolors
After successful installation of theme, go to iTerm preferences Profile to set up a new profile.
- Click + to add a new profile. Shin's Profile.
- Go to Keys and add ctrl+cmd+t to Hotkey. Tick Show/hide iTerms 2 with a system-wide hotkey.
- Then to go color and load Presets to select Solarized Dark.
- Under Text tab to change the size of font.
- Under Window tab, change transparency
- Go to General in the main menu and uncheck Use Lion-style Fullcreen windows
- Go back to profile and under Other Actions, set as Default
- Close iTerm and reopen it.
cmd+enter will change to full screen and hotkey to show/hide. ctrl+cmd+t.